It’s summer and we all crave refreshing desserts. mostly we crave fruit or ice cream I’m offering an in between. Here is a cool and super easy dessert for you to try to make at home. A simple recipe that can be modified on the flavour spectrum once you master the pannacotta. Do share your attempts with me when you finally plate it.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (about 1 tablespoon)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1cup heavy cream
- 1cup coconut cream
- 1 cup toned milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut flavour
- Watermelon, thinly sliced (paper thin) 1cup. Keep chilled.
- Desiccated coconut
- In a very small saucepan sprinkle gelatin over water and let stand about 1 minute to soften. Heat gelatin mixture over low heat until gelatin is dissolved and remove pan from heat.
- In a large saucepan bring cream, coconut cream, half and half, and sugar just to a boil over moderately high heat, stirring. Remove pan from heat and stir in gelatin mixture coconut flavour and vanilla. Pour the cream mixture into desired small moulds and cool to room temperature. Chill , covered, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Dip the thinly sliced watermelon into desiccated coconut and lay onto a small dessert plate.
- Dip moulds, 1 at a time, into a bowl of hot water 3 seconds. Run a thin knife around edge of each mould and invert onto centre of the small dessert. plate with the watermelon carpaccio.
- Garnish with a smaller sliver of the thinly sliced watermelon and serve immediately.