A lovely flavoursome sauce that works perfectly with all kinds of meats and bakes and even on fries as poutine or jacket potatoes. Easy and quick! Hope this gets added to your menus soon.
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 10-12 Cloves coarsely cut
- 1 Tablespoon peppercorns cracked
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1-2 Cups really warm water
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt as per taste
- Some sugar
- In a saucepan heat the olive oil and sauté the onions and garlic. Once a little translucent add the cracked pepper and roast till aromatic.
- Add the flour and roast till it is toasted. Slowly add the water stirring continuously to avoid any lumps. Add salt as per taste and stir till smooth.
- Now add the balsamic vinegar and stir in well.
- Add a little of the sugar to balance out the taste.
- Turn of the heat once the sauce is smooth and of the right consistency and serve soon.