I love cooking with ripe bananas. They give you the best base for a yummy ice-cream or cake. They need little or no additions, and in no time you have a yummy dish prepared. I was in conversation with Aditi recently when she asked for a banana pancake recipe. So below is the fluffy banana pancake recipe I shared with her. It’s easy and you can mix it up and do your own thing.
- 2 Ripe bananas
- 2 eggs separated
- ½ cup oats flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 2 table spoons butter melted
- ½ spoon cinnamon powder
- Few drops vanilla essence
- Maple syrup/ honey/ any sauce or topping of choice
I don’t add sugar to the pancake batter as the bananas are quite sweet themselves, but you are free to add some sugar as per your taste.
- mash the bananas to a smooth puree.
- In a large bowl mix the oats flour, Banana puree, egg yolks, baking powder, cinnamon powder, vanilla. It should be a smooth paste.
- To this mixture add the melted butter and mix well.
- Whisk the egg whites till stiff and softly and gently fold into the banana mixture.
- Heat a skillet and spoon some of the mixture onto the pan (approximately 5′ circles) use a few drops of oil/ butter to cook the pancakes.
- Cook on medium to low one side (keep covered) till a few bubbles appear on the surface. Flip the pancake and cook again with a lid on. the pancake will fluff up and be jiggly.
- Serve immediately, with butter/ syrup/ honey/ fresh fruit. Do your thing!